Influence & Advocacy
It is our privilege to be an independent voice
for Southland business, representing our
members on the issues that matter.
The Southland Business Chamber endeavours to proactively influence national, regional and local discussions for the benefit of local business. We have built strong relationships that ensure Southland business is part of the conversation and taken into consideration.
We are part of The New Zealand Chamber of Commerce, with thirty Chamber offices throughout New Zealand supporting 22,000 members. The affiliation with The International Chamber of Commerce provides our members with access to the largest business network in the world, representing over 40 million businesses in over 100 countries.
Our team works collaboratively with other major business and associations to deliver collective impact for and across all our industries including:
- Fiordland Business Association (FBA)
- Strategic partner of COIN South, an innovation network for Southland start-ups and businesses looking to scale beyond the region
- Shareholder of Great South, Southland’s economic development agency
- Our Project & Engagement Manager sits on the Southland Regional Skills Leadership Group (RSLG)
- Southland Just Transitions, leading the Business Transitions workstream
- Contract holder for The Southland Engineering and Manufacturing Cluster, and Innovation Ecosystem project’s
- Southland Business Chamber Director appointed to NZ Chamber of Commerce
- Invercargill City Centre Master Plan Governance
- Workforce Attraction Project
- Southland Housing Action Forum (SHAF)
- Southland Regional Development Strategy (SoRDs).