28 February 2021
COVID-19 Alert Level update
Auckland is at Alert Level 3 and the rest of New Zealand is now at Alert Level 2. These Alert Levels came into effect from 6am on Sunday 28 February and will be in place for the next 7 days.
Details of what it means to be at Alert Level 2 can be found here.
Businesses and organisations can get QR codes at qrform.tracing.covid19.govt.nz. If you have any problems getting QR codes or with the NZ COVID Tracer app, please contact the Ministry of Health by phone on 0800 800 606 or by email email@example.com.
Face coverings are mandatory for anyone using public transport which includes planes, buses, taxis and ride-sharing services such as Uber and Ola. The rule for face covering applies nationwide while the country is in Alert Level 2 or above.
Other useful resources for business can be found here.
Financial support available
There are a number of financial support options available to your business. For more details see our Business Assistance COVID-19 resources on our website or click on the links below
- The COVID-19 Leave Support Scheme is available for employers, including self-employed people, to help pay their employees who need to self-isolate and can’t work from home.
- The COVID-19 Short Term Absence payment is available for businesses to help pay their workers who cannot work from home while they wait for a COVID-19 test result.
- The Resurgence Support Payment will be available if we are at Alert Level 2 or above for a week or more. Businesses and the self-employed will be eligible if they experience an actual decline in revenue of 30% over a 7 day period.
- The Wage Subsidy Scheme will be available if any part of the country moves to Alert Level 3 or above for a week or more. Check out the Work & Income NZ website for the latest updates.
- The Flexiwage Scheme has been expanded to support more New Zealanders back to work.
Chamber events and training
Decisions will be made on Chamber events and training over the coming days, and we will notify all registered attendees of any changes as soon as possible. Please contact us on 03 218 7188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.