12 July 2022
DHL Market Update
- Overall capacity down by -12% in June 22 vs June 19 – [Slide 6]
- Rates still remain high with signs of softening on few trade lanes. In April 22 rates globally were +133% higher vs ‘19 baseline – [Slide 8]
- Fuel Prices touched $172/Bbl in June 22. Oil inventories remain low; the UA/RU situation continue to cause oil supply disruptions – [Slide 9]
- Locally in New Zealand we see additional airlines calling our airports in July and Air New Zealand increasing flights to North America. However, passenger demand sees little room for additional cargo capacity.
Click here to read Airfright State of the Industry Update (June 2022)
- Ship shortage creates further capacity concerns on major global trade lanes – [Slide 3]
- Shanghai container index turns upward after China factories in the Shanghai area open. Advanced bookings remain important.
- Europe to Oceania capacity slightly better, some lines returning to Italian lane such as CMA. Equipment still an issue there – [Slides 6-8]
- US Congress passes Ocean Shipping reform act – [Slide 13]
- From a New Zealand perspective TS Lines continue to add capacity to/from Asia. Carriers looking for Non Operating refer container returns to NZ.
Click here to read the Ocean Freight Market Update (July 2022)
You are welcome to contact Karl McCombe, Business Development Executive for DHL Global Forwarding (NZ) Ltd about your specific requirements by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 029 940 4001.