Performance Management is the challenging end of the leadership spectrum where tougher decisions are made that can result in the dismissal of an employee. Deliberate skills and actions are required to competently follow through and genuinely help your poor performer up or out.
This workshop provides the skills and actions required to deal with poor performance or non compliance as soon as it happens, before it becomes a problem. Attendees will learn day to day essential coaching skills and will gain the knowledge required to competently execute a clearly defined 4-step performance process while treating their staff with fairness and dignity.
This programme is designed for middle to senior managers within the organisation who are responsible for holding their staff accountable. Participants attending this workshop are likely to be
- Keen to learn how to challenge their staff in a fair, reasonable, and legal way
- Keen to learn how to hold their staff accountable
- Looking for practical, useful performance management tools and techniques that can be applied immediately
- Leaders committed to following through on performance concerns..
- Understand how to deal with performance management day to day
- Have the clear and precise knowledge of procedural fairness
- Bring a higher level of accountability through a 4-step performance management process
- Learn how to run an effective coaching meeting
- Confidently discern between minor and serious misconduct
- Run an effective disciplinary meeting if required
- Develop the courage to make the hard decisions where necessary
- Communicate the consequences of non-compliance, with conviction.
One day, 9am – 5pm
Your facilitator – Robin Rawson
Anyone that has met Robin will have heard him say that he is a ‘behaviorist at heart’. He genuinely cares not only about what people learn, but more importantly what people DO with what they learn. His style of teaching is very practical and hands on allowing you to engage in a meaningful, provocative and memorable experience.
Robin believes that deep down, everybody wants to excel and that people need to be challenged before they will change. His direct ‘feet on the ground’ approach and deliberate use of accelerated learning techniques are central to his success as a professional business consultant.
Robin is a specialist in his industry with over 30 years’ experience and is considered one of New Zealand’s foremost adult educators. He has worked with many high profile companies across New Zealand and around the world. He has extensive knowledge and experience in management training, skills based employee development, professional development and business coaching and mentoring. In addition to his extensive experience, Robin holds a National Certificate in Business Studies, a Diploma in Adult Teaching and a Certificate in Training and Development. He is a senior consultant for the NZ Institute of Management (NZIM) South Island wide and an accredited 4QL educator with the Wilf Jarvis Foundation.
Regional Business Partner (RBP) Capability Voucher Fund
This workshop is registered with the RBP Capability Voucher Fund. To explore if your business is eligible for support contact your local Regional Business Growth Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or register your business here. Your Regional Growth Advisor will advise you on your eligibility for capability development funding.