Project Management – PRINCE2® Foundation Course
In partnership with Project Results, the Southland Business Chamber is bringing the popular project management PRINCE2® courses to Southland.
PRINCE2 wasn't just made up, rather it is the collection of the knowledge of successful project managers. PRINCE2 gives you best practice advice on how to kick your projects off, run them, deal with things that go wrong and close them down when it is time to finish..
The course is aimed at anyone who needs a project management approach, a certification and to work effectively in a structured project environment. This includes:
- Project Managers in need of a method to help manage projects of different types and sizes.
- Project and programme support staff wanting to learn how to effectively apply a structured approach (PRINCE2) to projects.
- Managers wanting to understand their governance role within the project environment and its organisational implications.
- Team Managers wanting to work in a PRINCE2 environment.
- Individuals working on projects or as part of project offices.
- Individuals wanting to start working as project managers.
The Foundation course is intensive but you will be given a complete understanding of the method. At the end of the course you will sit the Foundation exam, demonstrating your understanding.
The PRINCE2 Foundation Exam is a one-hour closed book exam with sixty multi choice questions. The candidate must correctly answer 55% (33 out of 60 questions) or more of the questions to pass the exam..
The Foundation training will:
- Introduce the principles, themes, and processes of PRINCE2.
- Give an understanding of the application of the principles of PRINCE2 through the themes and processes.
- Discuss the role and application of project governance.
- Describe the controls provided by PRINCE2 that promote organisation oversight and increase project success rates.
- Provide detailed explanations of each of the roles defined by PRINCE2 and their responsibilities across the project lifecycle.
- Gives you complete familiarity with a full project life cycle.
- Ensure participants understand how to tailor PRINCE2 to suit the needs of different projects.
- Explain how PRINCE2 can be effectively applied to address the needs and problems of a specific project scenario.
- Provide practical exercises in applying PRINCE2 to this scenario.
- Thoroughly prepare participants for PRINCE2 Foundation Certification. .
The course is delivered through presentations, discussions, exercises and exam practice.
Three days, 8.30am to 5.00pm with recommended two hours of exam practice each evening.
Paul Sutton, Lead Trainer and Consultant Project Results
Registered Trainer in PRINCE2, PRINCE2 Agile, Agile PM, MSP, MoP, P3O, MoR, BBC, Managing Benefits and Change Management. He is also a Professional Scrum Master and PMP (Project Management Professional)
Paul Sutton’s focus is on helping people and organisations develop effective business cases, run successful projects, programmes and portfolios, make the changes and realise the benefits at the end. To do this Paul works with a wide range of people and organisations with training, coaching, consulting and hands-on delivery. Paul combines an in-depth process knowledge with 30 years of pragmatic hands-on experience in all of these areas.
Paul has a broad picture focus combined with strong analytical thinking. He is an excellent communicator and a dynamic and engaging presenter. As a result, he is able to give practical application to a huge range of questions and scenarios.
Along with his Registered Trainer status he also holds the PMP (Project Management Professional) certification from PMI (Project Management Institute), is a Gateway Reviewer and a Professional Scrum Master. Paul divides his time between training and assisting organisations through coaching and consulting. Paul’s training and consulting clients are across the board including Government, Private, NGO, Corporate and Small to Medium Enterprises.
Paul owns and operates Project Results as an ATO (Accredited Training Organisation) focusing on building clients capability. Paul is very active in the professional community speaking at conferences and community events. He is also active in groups promoting best practice and professional development.
The pre-course reading guide and the full online course; PRINCE2 manual; Foundation workbook including activities, discussions, quizzes and sample exams; PRINCE2 desk reference chart; Foundation exam; morning and afternoon refreshments; lunch; and post-course support, including access to our alumni-only resources are all included in the course fees.
There are no prerequisites for the course but we recommend you complete the pre-course work as outlined below.
We recommend participants complete at least ten-hours of pre-course reading. A pack consisting of the pre-course reading guide and the PRINCE2 manual will be sent to all participants who complete registration at least ten days before the course is due to start.
For Foundation courses, Project Results pass rate currently sits at 85%.
PRINCE2 course is certified by the examination body, PeopleCert under the umbrella of the PRINCE2 owner AXELOS. This certification covers the PRINCE2 content as well as preparation for the Foundation and Practitioner exams and the trainers.
Project Results is a PRINCE2® Accredited Training Organisation (ATO). This accreditation has been given by APMG and PEOPLECERT, who along with accrediting ATOs, provides and moderates exams and accredits our trainers. PRINCE2® and the AXELOS Swirl Device logo are registered trademarks of AXELOS Limited, used under the permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Available in classroom, or may be completed as a blended training training solution (online). Contact us to discuss course options.
Your next learning step
Project Management – Prince2 – Practitioner course.
This course (excluding exam fees) is registered with the RBP Management Capability Fund. To explore if your business is eligible for support contact your local Regional Business Growth Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or register your business here. Your Regional Growth Advisor will advise you on your eligibility for capability development funding. Find out more by visiting www.regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz.