Essentials of Leadership
This Essentials of Leadership course is designed to teach delegates new to leadership (0-3 years’ experience) the skills they need to effectively lead their teams. The course focuses on how to apply theoretical concepts to practical situations at work in line with the 70:20:10 model.
To learn, identify and apply the skills required to succeed with confidence in a leadership role through the lenses of self, results, relational and thought leadership.
- Understanding your behavioural style using DiSC Leadership Profiles
- How to leverage your leadership strengths and understand your weaknesses
- How to listen to understand and developing better listening skills
- How to run an effective and purposeful meeting
- Effective use of time – urgent vs important
- How to better understand my role as a leader in the organisation
- Empowering others – building a high-performance team
- Giving effective feedback as an improvement tool
- Prioritisation of 1-on-1 conversations
- Understanding motivation – encouraging the best out of others
- Coaching using the GROW model
- Managing performance of team members
- How to have tough / difficult conversations
Two days, 9.00am – 4.00pm
Your Facilitator – Mark Greaney
Mark Greaney teaches leadership tools for practical people. A highly regarded corporate trainer and facilitator, Mark is fixated on making learning positive, safe and lasting. He is expert at creating environments where learning sticks.
Mark works with organisations that are committed to developing their people. Over more than a decade as an independent trainer, Mark, and his team of facilitators, has worked at all levels across corporate and government departments.
Providing tailored training solutions to meet a wide range of needs and environments, his clients currently include: NZ Police; Fletcher Building; Fonterra; Sanford and Fisher & Paykel Healthcare.
- Individual DiSC Leadership profiles and online access to profiles and comparision reports
- A virtual group follow up session at four weeks post the in person workshop
- Small coaching groups set up to continue as ongoing support over the programme duration
- A copy of Mark’s book, ‘Leading People; A Practical Toolbox for Managers’ ..
Regional Business Partner (RBP) Management Capability Fund
This workshop is registered with the RBP Management Capability Fund. To explore if your business is eligible for support contact your local Regional Business Growth Advisor at email@example.com or register your business here. Your Regional Growth Advisor will advise you on your eligibility for capability development funding. Find out more by visiting www.regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz..
This training programme may be delivered as an in-house training solution exclusively for your team. Please contact us to discuss.