Raising Capital for Growth Game Plan
What is your game plan for realising your growth potential?
Join Oliviah Theyers-Collins, NZTE Investment manager as she hosts some of the leading investors and advisors that New Zealand companies turn to for help building their capital-raising strategy.
Our panellists will help you navigate the sometimes difficult questions you need to answer to start to build your game plan.
- The growth plan: How can we innovate and disrupt our sector to enable growth?
- Capital strategy: Timing, who and how much?
- Preparation: What do we need to show investors?
- Connections: Who are the right investors for us?
- Deal: How do we pitch, negotiate and structure a deal?
- Post: What happens after?
- Bridget Unsworth is well connected into the capital raising ecosystem in the South as a director of Invest South and TracPlus, and Executive Director for the Angel Association NZ. Previously, she was Investment Director at New Zealand Venture Investment Fund (now New Zealand Growth Capital Partners).
- John Wikstrom is the Founder and Executive Director of Magic Memories which he started in 1994 after seeing the opportunity to revolutionise the guest experience and create a new market for capturing and creating memories. John has raised capital for expansion from various investor groups.
- Ryan Baker co-founded and built BookIt, a booking engine for the New Zealand tourism industry, which was sold to Trade Me in 2010. He went on to co-found Timely, a cloud-based appointment scheduling solution with thousands of users around the world.
- Mark Vivian has been a partner at Movac since 2008, overseeing deal origination and screening, investor relations, Movac’s global talent network, and contributing to investee company boards. Prior to joining Movac, Mark was part of early stage teams that grew successful businesses in New Zealand, UK, and US markets.
Community Events Calendar
All professional development training opportunities, workshops and courses listed in the Community Events Calendar are offered by Southland Chamber members. Please contact the host business for information including registration / ticketing, confirmations and payment of any fees.
The listing of local professional development training opportunities on our Community Events Calendar does not reflect Southland of Commerce endorsement.
OTHER UPCOMING EVENTS
17 June 2021
9:00am - 12:30pm
22 June 2021
7:30pm - 8:30pm