Supporting the Fiordland business community
When Fiordland businesses join the Southland Business Chamber they are investing in their business, their people, the overall wellbeing of the community, and helping the Fiordland Business Association (FBA) achieve their purpose.
Formed in 2021, FBA is an inclusive member group of business owners and managers who interact with local business, community groups and organisations alongside the general community to encourage and support community growth in Fiordland.
Purpose – Why FBA exists
To positively connect, support and advocate for the Fiordland business community.
- Represent: The collective voice for business in Fiordland.
- Prosper: Actively support health and well-being of our business community.
- Sustain: Consider long-term benefits for the wider community in all decisions.
Strategic Focus for 2022-2023
Easy movement of people and goods in and out of the region.
- Airport, Milford Road, Cycle Trail (one way in/out)
Milford Opportunities, Public Transport, Freight
- Addressing housing challenges
Affordable worker housing, Retirement Village options
How will FBA achieve this?
- Strive to be a diverse committee that is sustainable, committed, approachable, and informed so we can say and do the right thing on behalf of our business community to ensure our collective voice is heard.
- Build and grow engagement of the business community, to be better together.
- Actively support the health and well-being of our business community by bringing people together with care and consideration for one another.
- Support the community to thrive by being progressive and focused on what will truly benefit the collective.
The FBA is a member of the Southland Business Chamber.
The Chamber offer businesses and organisations in the greater Fiordland area (including Manapouri, Te Anau and Milford Sound) regional subscription rates (20% discount). Click here to learn more about Chamber membership.
We are better together.