Develop new skillsets in your business
Great South are the Regional Business Partner for Southland, and they can connect your business with capability building opportunities.
This includes connecting you with vouchers to subsidise the cost of workshops, courses and coaching across a wide range of business areas. It’s a co-funding arrangement, which means your business must pay at least half the training costs.
Great South Business Growth Advisors will work with you to identify the areas where your business could benefit from further capability training and then connect you with the services available.
To be eligible to participate in this scheme, your business must
- Be operating with 50 or fewer FTEs
- Be GST registered in New Zealand
- Be operating in a commercial environment, i.e. is currently trading
- Be privately owned or a Maori Trust or Incorporation under the Te Ture Whenua Maori Act 1993 or similar organisation managing Maori assets under multiple ownership
- Have undergone assessment by a Regional Business Partner
The scheme provides a financial subsidy of up to 50% towards training costs for eligible businesses. The maximum amount a business can receive in one year is $5,000 excluding GST.
Business should also
- Have the potential and desire to grow
- Demonstrate commitment to improving management capability. Indicators of commitment include seeking advice, working through the assessment process and a willingness to co-fund and commit time to capability-building activities
- Have an identified gap in its capability that can be addressed through management capability building and training.
For more information please contact the Business Growth Advisors team at firstname.lastname@example.org